So, you are looking for information on Huerfano County, Colorado arrest warrants? Have you tried the office of the sheriff? Cops do more than serve active warrants, although they are in charge of executing all detention orders, including bench warrants and even criminal summons, which do not call for the person in question to be arrested.
The sheriff’s office also places the request for many of the judicial instruments issued in the area. For instance, an active warrant in Huerfano County will not be issued unless the police submitted an affidavit in court describing the criminal incident and the evidence collected. This petition often forms the foundation on which the pre-warrant hearing is held.
This writ is used to ensure that there is probable cause to order the arrest of a person. All arrest warrants issued in Huerfano County bear the state and the county’s name and the signature of the issuing magistrate. The document will also have details on the crime committed and the individual to be arrested.
When you conduct a warrant search in Huerfano County, you will be given details on all outstanding warrants against the subject along with past arrest records, charges filed in various matters, and information on how the matter was disposed of. To access such a background report, you will have to contact the following agencies:
- The sheriff: 500 S Albert St, Walsenburg, Colorado 81089
- The magistrate: 401 Main St, Walsenburg, CO 81089
- The clerk of court: 401 Main Street, Walsenburg, Colorado 81089
Can you access the Huerfano County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- For questions about active warrants, please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 719-738-3000.
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the Huerfano County Jail at 719-738-1740.
- To obtain information about a specific criminal complaint, call the Detective Division at 719-738-1600.
- For general questions, call the non-emergency phone number- 719-738-1044.
- For information on victim services, call the District Attorney’s Office at 719-846-9224.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Court at 719-738-1040.
Crime statistics of Huerfano County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Huerfano County dealt with about 75 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 67 of the complaints. There are 53 larceny theft cases, 7 burglary cases, and 7 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 8 instances of assault and 0 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
Almost 130 criminal reports make their way to the sheriff’s office of Huerfano County, CO, per year. In terms of violent crime, the area scores higher than normal as more than 10% of the annual crime average is attributed to this crime class. Overall, there has been a 4 figure drop in the crime averages of the county.