Unfortunately for people interested in a Chaffee County, Colorado, warrant search, none of the state agencies in charge of maintaining data on arrest warrants provide this information online. In fact, you will have to go through the old world grinds of actually driving down to one or more state department offices in search of data on outstanding warrants.
The only silver lining here is that after a decidedly cumbersome run, you will have an extensive amount of generic crime data like a most wanted list and crime statistic for the area in your hands. If you are looking for subject-specific information, you will quite be able to gather details on just about every case that the person in question was ever involved in, criminal or otherwise.
Some of the state agencies that furnish information on active warrants and Chaffee County, Colorado arrest records are:
- The police: 132 Crestone Ave, Salida, Colorado 81201
- The magistrate’s court: 104 Crestone Ave, Salida, CO 81201
- The office of the county clerk: PO Box 699, Salida, Colorado 8120
If you are looking for a criminal background report, you can approach either of these agencies. However, if you want to conduct a more detailed investigation, try the office of the county clerk that keeps the court dockets for civil and criminal records.
For case-specific information, the magistrate’s court will be the right choice, while the sheriff’s department will also be able to hunt down criminal records that are several decades old. According to the Freedom of Information Act of the state, all of these agencies can charge a nominal fee for such services.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Chaffee County? (2021- Update)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office- 719-539-2596.
- To report a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call the Records Division at 719-539-2814.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the District Attorney’s Office at 719-539-3563.
- To access criminal court records, contact the District Court Clerk at 719-539-2561.
Crime statistics of Chaffee County
The criminal complaints handled by Chaffee County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 96% in 2019 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 2956 events in 2018, around 108 cases were reported in 2019. Over 83 of the complaints were for property offences, while over 25 were for violent crimes.
In Chaffee County, Colorado, nearly 300 crimes are reported each year, of which about 40 are violent in nature. A look at the crime statistics from 2001 to 2008 reveals that both violent and reported crime increase through this period.